Balloo's Poker Coaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Omaha Hand

3 posters

Go down

Another Omaha Hand Empty Another Omaha Hand

Post  Balloo Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:24 am

Can I call? Guy plays 44/4 agg 2.5
http://www.pokerhand.org/?3063827
Balloo
Balloo

Back to top Go down

Another Omaha Hand Empty Re: Another Omaha Hand

Post  Squirmy Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:14 pm

I think I fold given you have noting but one pair. I can understand the call pre flop though as you've got nothing to support your aces. This said though. I'd have bet the flop though as it's about as innocous as you're going to get. If you don't bet this flop, why call pre flop? Are you basically just set mining with AA? Planning a check raise? What's you're thinking here?. Is this wrong thinkin on my part. I really suck at Omaha.
Squirmy
Squirmy

Back to top Go down

Post  brit_abroad Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:38 am

Squirmy wrote:I think I fold given you have noting but one pair. I can understand the call pre flop though as you've got nothing to support your aces. This said though. I'd have bet the flop though as it's about as innocous as you're going to get. If you don't bet this flop, why call pre flop? Are you basically just set mining with AA? Planning a check raise? What's you're thinking here?. Is this wrong thinkin on my part. I really suck at Omaha.

Preflop call is fine - he has a suited ace so they are not bare.

This is another example of why playing oop in Omaha sucks even worse than in hold em. Its a tough spot - you have no idea what he has. Since he raise so little, you sould well be up against the other 2 Aces or KK - it just depends if he spiked anything else; however it hard to beleive he would not bet those on the flop. He could also have picked up a set on the flop, but most people will raise that turn. I probably vary my play between checking the flop and betting out.

I think there is a good chance he picks up a draw or 2 pair on the turn. I think this hand has more value as a bluff catcher out of position - so rather than bet the turn i would check call. I would pull up his river aggression stat before deciding to call or fold on the river. Its very opponent dependant - some villaines never bet half pot on the river unless they have the nuts....

P.s. just played my first 40k hands at .5/1 6max Omaha. Looks like the transition is happening - its a lot more fun than hold em!

brit_abroad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down