Balloo's Poker Coaching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time For A Hero Call?

3 posters

Go down

Time For A Hero Call? Empty Time For A Hero Call?

Post  Balloo Tue Sep 02, 2008 1:43 am

Again no reads unfortunately other than the guy is from Russia. His turn bet didnt not seem strong.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?3133719
Balloo
Balloo

Back to top Go down

Time For A Hero Call? Empty Re: Time For A Hero Call?

Post  Squirmy Tue Sep 02, 2008 2:52 am

Insta fold for me
Squirmy
Squirmy

Back to top Go down

Post  brit_abroad Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:14 am

This is a weird one.

2 pair is a tricky hand in this spot - the gutshot helps of course. Often when you get this kind of consistent pressure villain has a set. His bet sizing is so weird though - unless he has a diamond redraw (or JT33!) its pretty wierd for a villain to be betting and raising less than pot here with a set. If he is semibluffing with a wrap & flush draw, very weird that he again bets so small on the semibluff. I would be most worried that he could be betting a scared set of 3's - which became even more scared on the turn.

I think he has combinations of 33, and less often QQ or 99, and occassionally Q9 or Q3, and a lot of the time air. If I thought he was weak tight I might be tempted to polarize my action here to raise or fold on the river, rather than fold or call. However doing that is probably -EV as there is no evidence that this villain can fold a set of 3's for example, especially at these stakes. However without any reads I might look him up here - I think it is close but worse case so that I can make a note as to what his weird line is.

brit_abroad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum